Author Archives: CooLMinE
Firefox’s recently closed tabs and recently closed windows are not controlled by the history settings. Which means even if you have history disabled the last windows and tabs you closed will still be there.
If you are worried about your privacy and you don’t want others to able to find out the last websites you visited then an addition solution to disabling the history is to disable the recently closed tabs and recently closed windows as well.
In order to do that you will need to following the steps below:
- Type about:config in your address bar and press enter.
- Search for browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo and browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo.
- Change the value to the number of max entries you want Firefox to remember. Use
0to disable them completely.
And as always, if you are making changes to Firefox’s configuration, it is always wise to restart Firefox once the changes have been made.
After 15 years of active development the company behind Winamp announced that they are shutting down winamp.com and all the associate web services they provide. No official reason for the shut down was given as of yet.
The shut down will happen on the December 20, 2013 and from that point on users will not be able to download Winamp from the official site or use any other services that were associated with it. With these sad news Nullsoft released a final version of Winamp (Winamp 5.66) which will be available on their site till the 20th of December.
Farewell Winamp, you will be missed.
FxCop is a tool that performs static code analysis of .NET code. It provides hundreds of rules that perform various types of analysis to ensure that your code follows Microsoft’s .NET Framework Design Guidelines.
Sadly the latest versions of FxCop are bundled within Microsoft Windows SDK. Since Microsoft doesn’t allow for their software to be distributed I cannot provide you with a standalone installer of FxCop myself, but at least I can take you through the steps to create one yourself.
For the next steps you will require a program that can open and extract files from both .cab files as well as .iso files. For this example I will be using WinRAR.
First you will need to download Microsoft’s Windows SDK which FxCop is bundled into. Choose a link below based on the CPU architecture you want.
ResWatcher is a lightweight and portable utility that displays the resource usage (CPU/Memory/Hard disk/Network) of your system.
- Portable (No installation required).
- Allows you to monitor your total download and total upload (extremely useful feature when bandwidth is limited).
- Displays the top 5 processes in terms of CPU usage, making it easy to find the processes that slow your system down.
- Minimizes to the traybar in order to give your more taskbar space for your important applications.
With the release of Windows 8.1 there have been some concerning issues with the mouse movement. In some cases the mouse would keep start stuttering or even freeze while playing games.
After a few days of investigating the problem Microsoft managed to find a way to fix a few of these issues.
Windows patch KB2908279 fixes the following issues:
- Mouse jitters (jumps forward and back) as you move it through a game.
- Mouse movement is not to scale even after acceleration is turned off.
- Measured mouse Polling Rate has a lower reporting frequency than expected.
Microsoft also suggests to follow the following workarounds if you are suffering from these issues: