Monthly Archives: July 2015
Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 is now available
On July 20th 2015, a new update for Visual Studio 2013 by Microsoft became available for download.
Visual Studio 2013 is an integrated development environment from Microsoft with a comprehensive collection of developer tools and services, used to create apps, as well as web sites and web services.
The latest update features cumulative series of technology improvements and bug fixes to enhance and expand both Visual Studio 2013 and Team Foundation Server 2013 to support the latest software development innovations for building and managing modern apps.
Here are some changes:
- Cloud-based load testing from Azure datacenters worldwide – allows you to perform cloud-based load testing from any of the supported Azure datacenters
- Current iteration query token – allows you to run queries with the @currentIteration on Visual Studio Online or Visual Studio Foundation Server
- Team Project Rename support for Local Workspaces – allows you to update local workspaces after a team project is renamed
- Bug Fixes & Known Issues – fixed a few known issues
If you would like to try something new, the new Visual Studio 2015 has also been released on July 20th 2015, together with .NET Framework 4.6. You can download it here.
If you wish to learn more, a detailed description of the update for Visual Studio 2013 can be found here.
Please note, that the Visual Studio 2013 RTM will only be supported for one year after this update, then it will be discontinued.
Posted in Microsoft, Software Updates.
Tagged Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2013 update 5
Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 have been released
On July 20th 2015, the new Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 by Microsoft became available to download.
This release is a big step to bring the productivity of these products to any developer working on any kind of application, while delivering a new level of innovation in the productivity.
Visual Studio 2015 is an integrated development environment from Microsoft with a comprehensive collection of developer tools and services, used to create apps, as well as web sites and web services.
The Visual Studio family has expanded over the years:
- Visual Studio Community – a free for non-enterprise development, fully -featured, and extensible IDE for creating modern applications for Windows, Android, and iOS, as well as web applications and cloud services
- Visual Studio Online – services for teams to share code, track work, and ship software – for any language, all in a single package
- Visual Studio Code – refined code editor supporting cross-platform to build and debug modern web and cloud applications
Visual Studio 2015 and .NET 4.6 highlights
Innovation in productivity
- Debugging and Diagnostics – unified debugging and profiling into single Diagnostics Tool window; with PrefTips you can get performance information right in your code
- Code editing and Refactoring – C# and VB developers can use the new Roslyn-based tooling, including Light Bulbs that pro-actively suggest potential fixes or code refactoring tooling; with code analyzers it is possible to customize warnings and suggestions delivered inside the editor; added XAML editor
- Programming Languages – this new release includes the final version of C# 6 and Visual Basic 14 and improved support for C++ 11/14/17 together with TypeScript 1.5, F# 4.0 and tools for Python and dozens of other languages
Posted in Microsoft, Software Releases.
Tagged .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.6, Microsoft, Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2015
PhpStorm 9 has been released
PhpStorm 9, the new major release of JetBrain’s professional PHP IDE, is now available for download!
PHP language and editing experience
- Advanced code understanding – including:
- Advanced PHP type inference
- Parameter refactoring
- Numerous new inspections and intentions
- Support for persistent language injections
- Postfix code completion – helps to reduce backward caret jumps
- Partial PHP 7 support
- Other PHP related enhancements – including:
- Color settings for brackets, braces and parentheses
- Ability to use PHP surrounds for HTML in PHP files
- Improved structure view for PHP
- Formatting, constructor and PHPDoc improvements
- Support for fluent setters creation
- Separate PHP constructor editable template
New debugging experience
- Inline debugger for PHP – all live debugging data are now shown directly in the editor
- Debugging workflow – new features include:
- Import from Deployment action
- Enhanced debugger config validation
- PJP servers config shared on project level
- php.ini can be opened from settings
- Remote edit – individual files can be opened directly from the remote host without adding / downloading them to the local project
- Remote tools via remote PHP interpreters – allows you to run your application and tools on a production-like environment
Frameworks, tools and more
- Solarized editor scheme is bundled
- Support for Xdebug 2.3+ profiler
- Improved support for Blade templating engine
- Support for the latest Behat
- Enhanced Twig templating engine
- Additional options for PHP Code Sniffer
Posted in Software Releases, Software Updates.
Visual Studio 2015 release date announced
Microsoft announced that on July 20th 2015, there will be a final release of Visual Studio 2015, .NET Framework 4.6 and Team Foundation Server 2015.
Visual Studio 2015 is a long expected release, which will include multi-platform creation of apps for Windows, Android, iOS, as well as creation of web applications and cloud services, and more. It also offers a wide range of tools to increase and ease the productivity of developers, like diagnostics tools, integrated editors, debuggers and profiles, plus thousands of extensions from PHP to gaming.
Changes will include:
- Visual Studio C++ for Cross-Platform Development
- Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova
- Visual Studio Emulator for Android
- Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows App Development
- Visual C++
- C# and Visual Basic
- .NET Framework 4.6
and many more. You can get more information at https://www.visualstudio.com/news/vs2015-vs.
Microsoft also gives you the opportunity to watch the release closely on July 20th 2015 at 3:30 PM UTC (8:30 AM PDT). The event will be available to watch online at https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/visualstudio-release-event-vs, with no registration needed.