Tag Archives: .NET Framework 4.6
Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 have been released
On July 20th 2015, the new Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 by Microsoft became available to download.
This release is a big step to bring the productivity of these products to any developer working on any kind of application, while delivering a new level of innovation in the productivity.
Visual Studio 2015 is an integrated development environment from Microsoft with a comprehensive collection of developer tools and services, used to create apps, as well as web sites and web services.
The Visual Studio family has expanded over the years:
- Visual Studio Community – a free for non-enterprise development, fully -featured, and extensible IDE for creating modern applications for Windows, Android, and iOS, as well as web applications and cloud services
- Visual Studio Online – services for teams to share code, track work, and ship software – for any language, all in a single package
- Visual Studio Code – refined code editor supporting cross-platform to build and debug modern web and cloud applications
Visual Studio 2015 and .NET 4.6 highlights
Innovation in productivity
- Debugging and Diagnostics – unified debugging and profiling into single Diagnostics Tool window; with PrefTips you can get performance information right in your code
- Code editing and Refactoring – C# and VB developers can use the new Roslyn-based tooling, including Light Bulbs that pro-actively suggest potential fixes or code refactoring tooling; with code analyzers it is possible to customize warnings and suggestions delivered inside the editor; added XAML editor
- Programming Languages – this new release includes the final version of C# 6 and Visual Basic 14 and improved support for C++ 11/14/17 together with TypeScript 1.5, F# 4.0 and tools for Python and dozens of other languages
Posted in Microsoft, Software Releases.
Tagged .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.6, Microsoft, Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2015
Visual Studio 2015 release date announced
Microsoft announced that on July 20th 2015, there will be a final release of Visual Studio 2015, .NET Framework 4.6 and Team Foundation Server 2015.
Visual Studio 2015 is a long expected release, which will include multi-platform creation of apps for Windows, Android, iOS, as well as creation of web applications and cloud services, and more. It also offers a wide range of tools to increase and ease the productivity of developers, like diagnostics tools, integrated editors, debuggers and profiles, plus thousands of extensions from PHP to gaming.
Changes will include:
- Visual Studio C++ for Cross-Platform Development
- Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova
- Visual Studio Emulator for Android
- Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows App Development
- Visual C++
- C# and Visual Basic
- .NET Framework 4.6
and many more. You can get more information at https://www.visualstudio.com/news/vs2015-vs.
Microsoft also gives you the opportunity to watch the release closely on July 20th 2015 at 3:30 PM UTC (8:30 AM PDT). The event will be available to watch online at https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/visualstudio-release-event-vs, with no registration needed.