Tag Archives: .NET Framework
Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 have been released
On July 20th 2015, the new Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 by Microsoft became available to download.
This release is a big step to bring the productivity of these products to any developer working on any kind of application, while delivering a new level of innovation in the productivity.
Visual Studio 2015 is an integrated development environment from Microsoft with a comprehensive collection of developer tools and services, used to create apps, as well as web sites and web services.
The Visual Studio family has expanded over the years:
- Visual Studio Community – a free for non-enterprise development, fully -featured, and extensible IDE for creating modern applications for Windows, Android, and iOS, as well as web applications and cloud services
- Visual Studio Online – services for teams to share code, track work, and ship software – for any language, all in a single package
- Visual Studio Code – refined code editor supporting cross-platform to build and debug modern web and cloud applications
Visual Studio 2015 and .NET 4.6 highlights
Innovation in productivity
- Debugging and Diagnostics – unified debugging and profiling into single Diagnostics Tool window; with PrefTips you can get performance information right in your code
- Code editing and Refactoring – C# and VB developers can use the new Roslyn-based tooling, including Light Bulbs that pro-actively suggest potential fixes or code refactoring tooling; with code analyzers it is possible to customize warnings and suggestions delivered inside the editor; added XAML editor
- Programming Languages – this new release includes the final version of C# 6 and Visual Basic 14 and improved support for C++ 11/14/17 together with TypeScript 1.5, F# 4.0 and tools for Python and dozens of other languages
Posted in Microsoft, Software Releases.
Tagged .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.6, Microsoft, Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2015
Visual Studio 2015 release date announced
Microsoft announced that on July 20th 2015, there will be a final release of Visual Studio 2015, .NET Framework 4.6 and Team Foundation Server 2015.
Visual Studio 2015 is a long expected release, which will include multi-platform creation of apps for Windows, Android, iOS, as well as creation of web applications and cloud services, and more. It also offers a wide range of tools to increase and ease the productivity of developers, like diagnostics tools, integrated editors, debuggers and profiles, plus thousands of extensions from PHP to gaming.
Changes will include:
- Visual Studio C++ for Cross-Platform Development
- Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova
- Visual Studio Emulator for Android
- Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows App Development
- Visual C++
- C# and Visual Basic
- .NET Framework 4.6
and many more. You can get more information at https://www.visualstudio.com/news/vs2015-vs.
Microsoft also gives you the opportunity to watch the release closely on July 20th 2015 at 3:30 PM UTC (8:30 AM PDT). The event will be available to watch online at https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/visualstudio-release-event-vs, with no registration needed.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is now available
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is now available to download for free.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1.
The .NET Framework 4.5.2 contains a variety of new features, such as:
- ASP.NET improvements
- High DPI Improvements
- Distributed transactions enhancement
- More robust profiling
- Improved activity tracing support in runtime and framework
The new version of the .NET Framework can be installed on the following operation systems:
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Use the download button below to download the offline installer (66.8 MB) for Microsoft’s .NET Framework 4.5.2
Posted in Microsoft, Software Updates.
Tagged .NET, .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.5.2, Microsoft
Visual Studio 2013 is now available
The new version of Visual Studio is now available. Visual Studio 2013 comes with numerous of new features as well as a new version of the .NET Framework (.NET Framework 4.5.1).
The new .NET Framework includes automatic binding redirection for assemblies which allows developers to add binding redirects to the app configuration file if the application or its components reference multiple versions of the same assembly. For more information visit How to: Enable and Disable Automatic Binding Redirection.
You can find more information as to what’s new in the new Visual Studio 2013 at What’s New in Visual Studio 2013.
You can find the download link to both the online and offline installers below.
Posted in Microsoft, Software Releases.
Tagged .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.5.1, Microsoft, Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2013
.NET Framework 4.5
Microsoft has officially announced the release of .NET Framework 4.5 today.
If you are programming in C#, VB.NET or any other language that uses .NET and want to take advantage of the newest features as well as having the ability to create Windows Metro style applications then feel to click the links at the bottom to download the newest version.
It’s also worth to mention that .NET Framework 4.5 is backward-compatible with applications that were built with the .NET Framework versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0. That means you are not required to install all the older versions in order to run application that were created using an earlier .NET Framework version.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista SP2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x86 and x64)
Download .NET Framework 4.5
.NET Framework 4.5 Online Installer (Multi-Language)
.NET Framework 4.5 Offline Installer (Multi-Language)
.NET Framework 4.5 Language Pack
Posted in Microsoft, Tech News.
Tagged .NET, .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.5, Microsoft