Tag Archives: PhpStorm
PhpStorm 9, the new major release of JetBrain’s professional PHP IDE, is now available for download!
PHP language and editing experience
- Advanced code understanding – including:
- Advanced PHP type inference
- Parameter refactoring
- Numerous new inspections and intentions
- Support for persistent language injections
- Postfix code completion – helps to reduce backward caret jumps
- Partial PHP 7 support
- Other PHP related enhancements – including:
- Color settings for brackets, braces and parentheses
- Ability to use PHP surrounds for HTML in PHP files
- Improved structure view for PHP
- Formatting, constructor and PHPDoc improvements
- Support for fluent setters creation
- Separate PHP constructor editable template
New debugging experience
- Inline debugger for PHP – all live debugging data are now shown directly in the editor
- Debugging workflow – new features include:
- Import from Deployment action
- Enhanced debugger config validation
- PJP servers config shared on project level
- php.ini can be opened from settings
- Remote edit – individual files can be opened directly from the remote host without adding / downloading them to the local project
- Remote tools via remote PHP interpreters – allows you to run your application and tools on a production-like environment
Frameworks, tools and more
- Solarized editor scheme is bundled
- Support for Xdebug 2.3+ profiler
- Improved support for Blade templating engine
- Support for the latest Behat
- Enhanced Twig templating engine
- Additional options for PHP Code Sniffer
JetBrains is now offering their products for free for all students. By using your student email or your ISIC/ITIC membership you can now get a free license for all products for one whole year.
In case you are not familiar with JetBrains (?!) you can find their main products listed below, some of which you should know.
IntelliJ IDEA is a Java IDE for developing computer software.
dotTrace offers several profiling modes to help you detect any performance bottlenecks in a variety of .NET applications. Use dotTrace Home screen to choose your profiling targets, access recent profiling sessions or configure profiling options.
Take advantage of code completion, error detection, refactoring and more!
JetBrains dotCover is a .NET unit test runner and code coverage tool that integrates with Visual Studio.