Category Archives: Software Updates
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is now available to download for free.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1.
The .NET Framework 4.5.2 contains a variety of new features, such as:
- ASP.NET improvements
- High DPI Improvements
- Distributed transactions enhancement
- More robust profiling
- Improved activity tracing support in runtime and framework
The new version of the .NET Framework can be installed on the following operation systems:
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Use the download button below to download the offline installer (66.8 MB) for Microsoft’s .NET Framework 4.5.2
Windows 8.1 update 1 (also known as KB 2919355) has been made available to download for free through the Windows update feature and the Microsoft’s download section.
If you are planning to install the update by downloading the files through Microsoft’s website make sure that you have the KB 2919442 patch already installed as it is required in order to install the new update.
On other other hand, if you are installing the patch through the Windows update feature there is a high chance that you have already installed the patch by now.
The update is designed to improve the Windows interface as well as the functionality for keyboard and mouse users. For more detailed information visit Exploring Windows 8.1 Update.
Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 is now available to download. This update offers improvements in stability, performance, and security. In addition, the SP1 update contains all the previously released updates as well as some unreleased ones.
For more detailed information visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817430.
This update can be applied to the following products:
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013
- Microsoft Office Personal 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
- Microsoft Office Standard 2013
A new update for Visual Studio 2013 has been released. The update includes the latest updates, including feature additions and bug fixes.
For more detailed information about what was fixed visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2911573#fixedissues.
Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 can be applied to the following products:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop
- Release Management Client for Visual Studio 2013
- Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
- Release Management Server for Team Foundation Server 2013
Download links removed. Read below.
Visual Studio 2013 update 2 is now the newest update. Visit Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 is now available for more information.
Microsoft has released Service Pack 2 (SP2) for their Office 2010 suite.
This update contains various bug fixes as well as improvements to the suite’s stability and performance.
Overview of Office 2010 SP2 improvements
Excel 2010 SP2
- Improves the overall stability, performance, and compatibility with other versions of Excel. For a more detailed list of specific issues that the service pack fixes, please download a version of the workbook that is available below.
- Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases, and Excel file sizes become larger when additional built-in styles are copied during the duplication of data between different Excel instances.
- Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file. This issue occurs when you set the user locale to a location that does not use comma signs (,) to separate the lists. For example, Germany uses semicolons (;) to separate the lists. When you set Germany as the location, data validation lists that contain commas are all broken.
- Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save. Additionally, it addresses the issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file.
Outlook 2010 SP2
- Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages. Additionally, it fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message.
PowerPoint 2010 SP2
- Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint.
- Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time.
- Fixes an issue in which Mozilla FireFox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer that has Microsoft Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4 installed.
Word 2010 SP2
- Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options, and email addresses. Additionally, it fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs.