Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 is now available
Microsoft has released update 2 for Visual Studio 2013. The new update contains various fixes that address bugs, performance and reliability improvements.
With the new update Microsoft also created an iso image that contains Visual Studio 2013 as well as all the updates up to and including the update 2. The iso file is 3.5GB and can be downloaded from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=393220.
Here are some of the new capabilities that are part of this update:
- Universal Apps – With this release you can now build universal apps that can run on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 while sharing code and assets through shared projects.
- Web Tool – Our web development tools have many new features like SCSS support, a new JSON editor, updated ASP.NET templates, and an improved URL picker.
- Azure tools – It’s easier to take advantage of Azure with options to create websites and SQL Azure databases directly on Azure for simpler deployment to a development / testing environment.
- Diagnostics – Our diagnostics tools also got some enhancements. Performance events now let you navigate to user code for MVC Methods or jump to the SQL command for database queries. It is also possible to view the Windows Store diagnostics tools at the same time to see all your diagnostics information on a shared timeline.
- Slipstream install – You can download Visual Studio with all its latest features from one install that includes Visual Studio 2013 RTM and Update 2 for Visual Studio.
You can download the new Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 using the download button below.
Leave a Reply